Over the past year, the Texas Campaign has worked diligently to amplify the issue of teen pregnancy and its impact on all communities, both large and small, throughout Texas. During this time, we have:
- Secured $1.6 million in funding to create Texas’ first-ever Youth Friendly Initiative, a program to increase the number of adolescents receiving services in clinics throughout the state.
- Provided advanced education and training to more than 350 individuals through our annual Statewide Symposium, Policy Roundtables and Legislative Education Program.
- Engaged with more than 100 organizations across Texas and provided specialized technical services such as grant writing and media training, as well as evidence-based health education selection and implementation support for both clinical and youth-service systems.
- Created/provided access to more than 50 resources including data maps, fact sheets, and presentations for use by Texas community members and policymakers working on this issue.
- Hosted nearly 130 community members and both Republican and Democratic policymakers at our Inaugural Leadership Luncheon where we honored Rep. Donna Howard for her dedication to Texas youth and raised funds to support our on-going work.