Be a part of the conversation this May during National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month! Challenge yourself and others to start important conversations about sexual health and pregnancy prevention with the young people in your life. The Texas Campaign wants to make it as easy as possible! Feel free to use the sample social media language below on Facebook and Twitter. Remember to use the hashtag #NTPPM.
Sample Facebook Language
- When rates go down, opportunities go up. Reducing teen pregnancy improves educational attainment, health outcomes and more! Learn more @TxCampaign #NTPPM #teenpregnancyprevention
- Setting young people up for success—by preventing teen pregnancy—strengthens our families, communities, and the nation. Learn more @TxCampaign #NTPPM #teenpregnancyprevention
- Believe it or not, teens want to hear from their parents regarding love, sex, and relationships. Starting age-appropriate conversations early and continuing them into early adulthood will help young people make smarter decisions regarding their sexual health. Watch this video to learn more: https://goo.gl/xsfmCC #NTPPM
- The “talk” you had years ago with your teen might need a sequel. Need some conversation starters? We’ve got you covered @ http://txcampaign.org/parents/ #NTPPM
- May is the National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month. How do you score? Find out. Take the Quiz at StayTeen.org #StayTeen #NTPPM
- Parents, you’re more powerful than you know. Watch this video to learn more about talking to your teens about sex, love and relationships: https://goo.gl/xsfmCC #NTPPM
- Starting age-appropriate conversations early and continuing them into early adulthood will help young people make smarter decisions regarding their sexual health. #NTPPM
- Educate Congress about the importance of continuing to fund programs like TPP and PREP. Most adults favor maintaining funding! http://bit.ly/2k5cc4h #NTPPM
- Empower youth to be leaders in their community as well as educate the community as to why #teenpregnancyprevention is needed. #NTPPM
Sample Twitter Language
- #NTPPM tip: Use teachable moments—like the media—to start a conversation with youth.
- #NTPPM is a great opportunity to have “The Talk” and continue discussing sexual health, values, relationships, and safer sex.
- Believe it or not, teens want to hear from their parents regarding love, sex, and relationships. #NTPPM
- This May, help the teens in your life Level Up! Share this new game/help them learn about smart decisions. http://www.StayTeen.org#NTPPM
- #TeenPregnancy is more than just a teen issue, it’s a community issue #NTPPM
- Teen pregnancy rates are going down but progress doesn’t mean we stop working. #NTPPM
- Helping young people avoid unplanned pregnancy sets them—and the country—up for future success. #NTPPM
- For women in TX there’s a preventable reason they don’t finish school: pregnancy https://goo.gl/SuoDfL #NTPPM
- Getting adults involved. Teens say parents are hugely influential and they WANT to hear from parents! http://ly/2dq6iGz #NTPPM