Date: January 22, 2021
Time: 10-11am CST
Presenters: Jen Biundo, Director of Policy and Data, Texas Campaign; Molly Clayton, Executive Director, Texas Campaign
Join the Texas Campaign for the first webinar in our 2021 Webinar Series. The 87th Legislative Session will be gaveled in on January 12. In the midst of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, many unknowns remain about the coming session. But we will continue to advocate for adolescent reproductive health, as we did throughout 2020 with the adoption of new sex education minimum curriculum standards at the State Board of Education. During this webinar, we will: Provide an overview of new health education TEKS, including the advocacy work that supported their adoption; Share the policy priorities of the Texas Campaign for the upcoming legislative session; and Outline ways that you can effectively advocate for Texas youth.
• Provide an overview of new health education TEKS, including the advocacy work that supported their adoption
• Share the policy priorities of the Texas Campaign for the upcoming legislative session, and
• Outline ways that you can effectively advocate for Texas youth
• Describe the key changes made to health education TEKS
• Recall ways to advocate for adolescent reproductive health in the 87th Legislative Session
There is no charge for this webinar, but there is a $10 administrative fee for those seeking continuing education. This session includes 1.0 hour of continuing education credit for Social Work (SW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Continuing Professional Education (CPE), Community Health Worker, non-certified (CHW), Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES), and Certificate of Attendance.