Position: Finance and Operations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Type: Full-time; exempt
Start Date: December 2020
Compensation: $45-48k annual salary, depending on qualifications. Benefits include 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, long- and short-term disability, and life insurance; generous PTO and paid holiday policy; up to 12 weeks paid family leave for new parents.
Who We Are
The Texas Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy is a statewide, nonpartisan, 501c3 nonprofit organization founded in 2009 working to reduce unintended teen pregnancy through research, advocacy, collaboration and training. We are committed to ensuring that every Texas teen has the knowledge and resources to make informed decisions about their health and future. We are headquartered in Austin, TX and offer a flexible and primarily virtual work environment.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of our organization’s finance and operations functions. To succeed in this role, you are:
- An organizational rock star. Your sock drawer or bookshelf might be organized by color and category.
- A positive self-starter. You aren’t afraid to take either initiative or direction, and can quickly learn what each situation calls for. You approach challenges with equal parts curiosity and flexibility.
- A team player. You enjoy working behind the scenes to make all of the pieces of a project come together seamlessly.
- A whiz with numbers (or at least calculators). You are not intimidated by financial statements and you feel a distinct satisfaction when you successfully reconcile accounts with no variance.
At the Texas Campaign, we know that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. The Texas Campaign is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Finance and Operations Manager is responsible for the financial and administrative functions which keep our work efficient and effective.
- Provide general administrative support to Texas Campaign Executive Director, committees, and board of directors
- Manage vendor and contractor relationships for finance and operational functions
- Manage all HR functions, including but not limited to: hiring procedures, onboarding, employee engagement, annual performance review processes, exit interviews, staff benefits review and implementation, policy updates, and organizational insurance coverage
- Support all IT functions, including hard copy and cloud file organization, record-keeping in organizational database (CiviCRM), and password management
- Support meetings/conference calls, including development of agendas and materials
- Manage supplies and materials, mail, and public inquiries
- Support special projects and duties as assigned
- Maintain accurate financial records in Quickbooks Online accounting system, including journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank deposits, and monthly reconciliations
- Process and pay all invoices in a timely manner, with review by Executive Director
- Prepare financial reports for Executive Director and relevant board/committees
- Serve as primary billing and vendor contact for the organization
- Maintain accurate vendor records, including invoices and W-9s
- Ensure distribution of 1099s each January in accordance with GAAP and federal laws
- Ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place
- Ensure that transfer and disposal of records as per the retention schedules and policies are carried out effectively
- Follow and recommend periodic updates to Financial Policies to reflect current practice, accuracy and transparency
- Provide support for annual audit process
- Passionate advocate for the mission of the Texas Campaign
- Responsiveness, flexibility, organization, attention to detail, and initiative are critical for success in this role
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of administrative/bookkeeping experience required, with at least 1 year in the nonprofit sector
- Advanced proficiency with Quickbooks Online, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe software
- Familiarity with iOS and Mac computer hardware
- Strong writing and editing English skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a discrete and professional manner
- Deadline-orientated team player who works well under pressure
- Professional demeanor
- Must have a cell phone, driver’s license, and personal vehicle with applicable insurance
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends on occasion
- A demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and adaptable, and to work both independently and as part of a team in a virtual work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting or equivalent experience
- Experience with Dropbox, Canva, CiviCRM, and/or project management software
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references (names and contact information) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. We are specifically looking for candidates who bring a fresh perspective to our work and encourage interested candidates to showcase their experiences, ideas and personalities in a customized cover letter describing their qualifications and interest for this position. Applications with a generic cover letter will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.