Internships are available in the following areas:
- PR and Event planning: Contribute to marketing/PR for our 2016 symposium to be held Spring 2016 in Austin, Texas.
- Communications and Media: Develop first-hand experience by working with media and drafting press releases, social media, and website content.
- Grant Writing and Development: Contribute directly to grant writing and fundraising across the organization.
- Policy and Research: Work directly with legislative policy issues related to teen pregnancy in the current legislative session – write and disseminate briefs, work directly with legislators and partners.
- Marketing Content and Social Media: Assist in creating content for the Texas Campaign’s website, newsletter, promotional and social media outlets and will assist with other marketing and communications projects. WordPress experience desired.
Our internships are developed to provide direct measurable experience that will increase the intern’s skills and marketability while giving them meaningful work across the organization. There’s no getting coffee here and no micromanaging, you will be given meaningful oversight and direction on real projects that you can put on your resume.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects and meet deadlines
Detail-oriented & highly organized
Interest in policy/youth/education, non-profits or grant administration
Bachelor’s degree in related field OR Currently pursuing a degree
Perusing an advance degree in public policy, health or education related field.
- Available at least ten (10) hours per week across a Semester and (20) hours over the summer – Year long placements are available
- Must be available to take regular in-person meetings with supervisor and attend training in Austin, Texas with the possibility to work from home at other times.
- If needed, a small stipend is available depending on availability of hours
To Apply: Send a resume and a personalized cover letter describing which area you would be interested in, why you think efforts to reduce teen pregnancy are important and why you would be a good fit to the Texas Campaign. Internships will ideally begin around university schedules but other timelines can be accommodated. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org