Members of the media interested in leveraging our expertise or scheduling an interview about an issue or upcoming event are encouraged to contact Melanie Chasteen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 512.791.5110. Experts at the Texas Campaign are available to provide insight to the media about the overall issue area of adolescent sexual and reproductive health, public policy related to this area, adolescent specific data for Texas and the U.S., and ongoing prevention efforts locally, regionally, and statewide.
Logos and name usage
Name: Our organization is to be referred to as the Texas Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy on first reference and the Texas Campaign thereafter.
Useful Data Points
- A baby is born to a teen mom in Texas every 22 minutes.
- There were 24,382 teen births in Texas in 2019.
- In 2019, Texas had the 9th highest teen birth rate in the nation, 43% above the U.S. rate.
- In Texas, 19% of children live in poverty.
- In Texas, 30% of young adults between the ages of 19-26 do not have health insurance.
- For the first time in more than 20 years, Texas has updated its curriculum standards for sex education, and will provide basic information on topics like contraception, prevention of sexually transmitted infections, and health relationships to all middle school students.
For additional data points, please visit the Data Center on our website.
Established in 2009, the Texas Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy is a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to reducing the rate of unintended teen pregnancy in Texas through research, advocacy, collaboration, and training. Learn more at www.txcampaign.org.
The Texas Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, a statewide 501c3 nonpartisan nonprofit organization, aims to reduce unintended teen pregnancy through research, advocacy, collaboration and training. Our vision is that every Texas teen has access to the information and resources needed to prevent unintended pregnancy. To build this reality, teens need access to age-appropriate, medically-accurate, inclusive sexual health education – plus the ability to enact their decisions by accessing contraception. We address systemic reasons that teens lack access to these resources and support direct service providers, focusing on nonpartisan advocacy and building capacity of adult stakeholders to empower young Texans. Learn more at www.txcampaign.org.
Texas Campaign in the News
For additional media stories, click here.