3rd Annual South Texas Summit, 2020
The Texas Campaign hosted more than 100 registrants for our 3rd annual South Texas Summit, held on Oct. 26, 27 & 28, 2020. Download the schedule here.
Videos, Slide Decks, and Additional Resources
This year’s Summit included nine sessions, two of which were in Spanish. Slide decks made available to the Texas Campaign can be found here, and videos of each session can be found here (Password: STXSUMMIT). A number of resources were mentioned and suggested in each session. A compilation of the resources can be found here.
Special thanks to The Valley Baptist Legacy Foundation, UTHealth Rio Grande Valley Obstetrics and Gynecology, Starlight Recovery Center, and Texas A&M Health & Kinesiology Department for their financial support of this event, and to event co-sponsor DSHS/HHSC.
Thank you to our wonderful event planning committee, who helped make this event a success!
- Anthony Betori, Healthy Futures of Texas
- Wendy Hanson, United Way of Southern Cameron County
- Jackie Ho-Shing, Access Esperanza Clinics
- Susan Jones, BCFS System
- Maribel Juarez, Texas DSHS
- Berta Longoria, Community Action Corporation of South Texas
- Armando Molina, Valley AIDS Council
- Elma Pescador, City of Laredo
- Jessica Plata, Behavioral Health Solutions of South Texas
- Monica Rivera, Healthy Futures of Texas
- Beatrice Sanchez, Behavioral Health Solutions of South Texas
- Juanita Velazquez, Friendship of Women, Inc.
Event questions can be directed to Melanie Chasteen, email@example.com.