We envision a future where all young Texans have access to accurate, inclusive and judgement free sexual and reproductive healthcare and we understand that the way we do that is to allow young people to lead and teach us how it should be done. The Texas Campaign Young Ambassador Program aims to connect passionate young advocates with the platforms, people and tools they need to strengthen their capacity, increase their knowledge and expand their networks so that they can continue to champion increased access to sexual and reproductive health care and sexual education for everyone for years to come. Through implementing their own project our Young Ambassadors will gain experience in research and identifying their desired impact, designing programs and preparing proposals, collaborating with community partners and getting buy-in from stakeholders. Each young ambassador will be paired with a technical advisor and mentor that will help them shape and design their project.
If you are ready to take the next step and want an opportunity to make an impact in your community, apply to become a Texas Campaign Young Ambassador and join us in fighting for sex-ed and accurate sexual and reproductive health information for every young person in Texas!
We are also accepting nominations for young leaders who are looking to take their ideas and passion to the next level!
You should apply if you…
- Are excited to learn about and discuss inclusive and accurate information about sexual and reproductive health and how it affects young people
- Want to make a difference in your community
- Want to expand your network and meet other passionate advocates and professionals
- Are interested in attending conferences and symposiums to voice your opinions andshare your story
- Are excited to get a chance to work with an advisor to develop an awesome project thatshows off your talents while reaching young people
- Are looking for an opportunity to strengthen your capacity as an advocate
- Live in Texas
- Be between the ages of 17 and 20 at the start of the program
- Have access to reliable internet and phone
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online by October 13, 2021, 11:59 PM CST- No extensions will be granted.
Applications will be reviewed by the Texas Campaign team and the final selection will be made by a jury of experts in the field of AYSRH.
You may view a PDF version of the application here:
We are also accepting nominations!
We encourage neighbors, mentors, teachers, professors, peer leaders, faith-based leaders, coaches, and other adults to nominate someone they know to be a Texas Campaign Young Ambassador. (Nominations from relatives will not be accepted.)
Nominees will be contacted and invited to complete the formal application.
Click here to view and download our Young Ambassadors informational flyer
Click here to view and download our Nominator informational flyer
Program timeline and Important Dates
- Sep 1, 2021 Application Opens
- Oct 13, 2021 Application Closes
- October 15-29 Jury Evaluation
- November 1-3 Winners Notified
- (Early-mid November) Winners Announced
For more information contact Ana Belén Zelaya at firstname.lastname@example.org